Message Aug 29 2020

August 29, 2020

Dear Silver Lake Soccer families:

We still cannot practice or play games until Snohomish County reaches Phase 3. In this regard not much has changed since our 8/16 message to you. However, there are a couple of updates to share.

Season Go-No-Go Date Set to September 25, 2020

North County Youth Soccer Association has decided the season will be cancelled if Snohomish County has not reached Phase 3 by September 25, 2020. The thinking behind this is: it will take two additional weeks to prepare for game play once we reach Phase 3 and we need to begin games by the weekend of October 10. Keep your fingers crossed!

Spectators for Games

[The following information regarding spectators does not apply to our Future Stars program for players of ages 5 and 6 because it is a program independent of North County Youth Soccer Association.]

We communicated last time that North County Youth Soccer Association's initial Return to Play plan disallowed all spectators except coaching staff at games. Silver Lake Soccer has proposed changing this policy and it is being reconsidered as Return to Play plans are finalized. A final decision has not been reached and all of this is subject to public health official review, but we wanted you to know there is hope there.

Soccer Fields

Progress was made looking into additional county, city, and school district facilities to compensate for not being able to use Everett School District facilities. We don't think access to soccer fields will be a problem should we have the opportunity to play.

Conclusion

Silver Lake Soccer continues to prepare so that play can occur should the COVID-19 situation improve. Let us know if you have comments or questions, and we will continue to keep you informed via:

Sincerely,

Dan Radford, VP Communications

Silver Lake Soccer Club